Solid Waste, Recycling, and Compost

Solid Waste
For missed pickup, to request a new trash can or trash can repair, and additional questions, please visit GFL Environmental, Inc. at their website or contact them directly at 888-877-4996 or 844-464-3587.

Lost or Stolen Container?
GFL also replaces lost or stolen containers. To request a new container, residents will first need to make an official statement with our Police Department. An official statement that it has been lost or stolen is required as each container has a serial number associated with the address/ household to which it is assigned and as a result, it is the property of the City of Lincoln Park. Once the statement has been made, The City will request a new container on your behalf. 

Yard waste is collected weekly the same day as your scheduled household refuse, from the first Monday in April  to early December, depending on weather conditions. 

Residential compost will begin for 2019 on March 25, 2019

Yard waste includes leaves, lawn cuttings, and shrub and tree trimmings. Yard waste can be placed into biodegradable bags or containers of 35 gallons or less that are marked "yard waste" (50 pound limit). Keep in mind, brush and limbs greater than 2 inches in diameter must be in bundles not longer than 4 feet in length, and not exceeding a total of 18 inches in diameter, or more than 50 pounds. Compost stickers are available at City Hall and DPS.


Even though the city does not offer recycling at this present time, luckily Wayne County and the State of Michigan's Department of Environmental Quality (DEQ) can both fill the void on this topic.

Wayne County:
A list of facilities that accept Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) year-round and for information on non-toxic alternatives, refer to the Wayne County Resource Recovery Guide.


Contact: Resource Recovery Coordinator 734.326.3936

State of Michigan DEQ: