- A copy of the mortgage survey must be submitted at time of application. If a copy is not available a complete plot plan must be drawn.
- Maximum height of fence is 6', which can extend no closer than 5' to the front building setback.
- All postholes are to be inspected to verify minimum depth of 42'' before posts are set in cement.
- Existing chain link fences may not be removed without consent of all adjoining neighbors. A notarized letter of permission for removal from each neighbor must accompany the application.
- If the chain link is to remain, wood posts and fence must be at least 3" away from the existing fence, and cannot be attached to any other fence or post.
- Fences along side property lines must be 12" off of the city sidewalk.
- The 2x4" cross bars must be on the installer's side of the fence unless notarized letters of permission from all adjoining neighbors have been submitted.
- Fence sections must be removable for maintenance purposes.
- Fences must be maintained in good condition and order at all times. If not properly maintained, the fence may be ordered removed at the owner's expense.
- Grass, weeds & brush must be kept clean from under the fence. It is recommended that fences be raised 3" or more off the ground to facilitate this maintenance.
- Final inspection must be obtained on all fences.