Board of Review Meeting Dates and Times are as follows:Wednesday March 6, 2019 9am – 4pm
Friday March 8, 2019 1pm – 9pm
Thursday March 14, 2019 9am – 4pm
At Lincoln Park City Hall, 1355 Southfield Rd. 48146
Meetings will be held on & by appointment ONLY
PETITIONS AND ALL DOCUMENTATION MUST BE SUBMITTED TO THE ASSESSOR’S OFFICE
NO LATER THAN 4:00 PM, MARCH 14, 2019.
Residents may also appeal by mail if received no later than Noon by Wednesday 3/13/2019.
For questions or appointments please call 313-386-1800 ext. 1239
NO FAX OR EMAILS ACCEPTED
Copies of Record Cards, Field Sheets & Tax History may be purchased for $1.00 per copy.
The Disabled Veteran Exemption Affidavit, Hardship/Poverty Application and Change of Address/Name Forms are available on our Counter or upon request and can be mailed or emailed for your convenience.
Property Records Will Be Updated throughout The City
Please keep in mind:
Contractors will be visiting residential as well as commercial properties which will include taking pictures of all structures and be taking measurements of the property.
They will NOT be entering any structures if you are not home; these will ONLY be exterior pictures and measurements.
Each contractor will have a contractor’s id badge for identification. They will provide this upon request.
If the Assessing Department comes to your property while you are not home they will leave a door tag on the front door. This door tag will have the date, time, contact information and the status of your property. Please call to schedule an appointment if it’s indicated on your door tag.
Any questions please call Fuoco consulting at 313.932.0309.
PROPERTY INFORMATION REQUESTS:
The following information for residential properties can be found online 24 hours a day by clicking here:
- Lot size,
- Year built
- Square footage
- Parcel ID
- State Equalized Value
- Owner and Homestead information
- Sale information
- Legal Description
- Information for commercial properties is not currently on our website but can be obtained over the phone between the hours of 9:00 am and 4:00 pm. Monday through Friday by calling 313-386-1800, ext. 1239. Requests for 3 or more properties must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
PERSONAL PROPERTY STATEMENTS
All businesses are required, by law, to file a Personal Property Statement by February 1st of each year. Failure to file the statement will result in an estimated assessment. Once an estimated assessment is in place a correction will only be done through the audit process. In order to avoid unnecessary problems file early!!!
DISABLED VETERANS EXEMPTION
Disabled veterans must file every year with 3 state required forms of proof to qualify;
- Letter from VA stating that the Veteran meets one of the three qualifications per the Michigan State Tax Commission.Eligibility Requirements (P.A. 161 o 2013, page 4)
- Has been determined by the United States department of veterans' affairs to be permanently and totally disabled as a result of military service and entitled to veterans' benefits at the 100% rate.
- Has a certificate from the United States veterans' administration, or its successors, certifying that he or she is receiving or has received pecuniary assistance due to the disability for specially adapted housing.
- Has been rated by the Untied States department of veterans' affairs as individually unemployable.
- Picture ID
Must be Owner (on Deed) & Occupy property
State Tax Commission Affidavit for Disabled Veterans Exemption
BOARD OF REVIEW APPEALS
July Board of Review:
Meets the Tuesday after the 3rd Monday each year. NO APPEALS FOR ASSESSED VALUES WILL BE HEARD. Poverty Exemption appeals, mutual mistakes of fact and clerical errors will be corrected during this Board of Review. Poverty Exemptions are by appointment only and after the appropriate documentation has been completed.
December Board of Review:
Meets the Tuesday after the 2nd Monday each year. NO APPEALS FOR ASSESSED VALUES WILL BE HEARD. Poverty Exemption appeals, mutual mistakes of fact and clerical errors will be corrected during this Board of Review. Poverty Exemptions are by appointment only and after the appropriate documentation has been completed.
Click Here to view presentation from the Department of Treasury that explains why property taxes may increase while home prices are decreasing
The Document Center provides easy access to public documents. Click on one of the categories below to see related documents or use the search function.
Documents sorted by SEQ in Ascending Order within category